The main feature we want for the rewriting tool UI it’s to be example driven. Two very similar examples:
Option 1 – All in the same view
Option 2 – A tabed view
Option 3 – A 3-Column layout
We also want to be possible:
- select a method and drop into the example text editor.
- manipulate the ASTs nodes in the text editor to make simple define transformations and matching.
- highlight the matched parts from the example.
- select scopes to apply the rule.
- preview the changes.
- show the transformation in the example expression.
- modify an expression throw the example or writing the pattern.
- output the smalltalk valid code that produces the effect we see in the example.